3.22.2013

Big Bold Brows and Beautiful

Hello readers,

I am loving every makeup trend that Spring 2013 has brought with it, mainly bold lips, bold lashes, bold black liners and bold eyebrows. This blogpost will be dedicated to the massive eyebrow trend that I am currently obsessed with. 

As a 90's kid, I remember seeing women with thin eyebrows, which was kind of cool that time, and please don't ask me why. I'm the least person who can make fun of thin eyebrows though. A year ago wasn't the 90's for sure, yet my eyebrows were crazy thin. I think I was trying to keep my brows thin so that my eyes look bigger, to maybe keep them in proportion, however, that was a big fail on my regards. I'm still not sure what I was trying to achieve. 

Drew Barrymore in the 90's ... because having eyebrows was too mainstream
As you can see, auto criticism and not taking yourselves too serious makes you good, and I decided I wanted to make them thicker. The process took quite a long time and some different shapes through the making. I'm still not happy with the current situation of my brows, but I think it's the best they have been so far. 

Eyebrow Situation Last Year
Current Eyebrow Situation
Every face is going to have a different eyebrow shape which goes with it depending on the bone structure and size of eyes. The best way in shaping your eyebrows is imagining the three lines you see in the photo. These lines guide you on where your brows must end, and where the arch must be. I would like my eyebrows to be slightly longer at the edges and heavier in volume. Filling with an eyebrow pencil and styling with an eyebrow gel helps you modify your eyebrows to a certain extent. 

To make it clear what difference eyebrow shape makes, Demi Lovato is a much better example than myself.
Eyebrows are like an accessory to the face, a bold statement which makes your eyes look more expressive.

 Here are some beautiful woman with big bold brows, notice how the three invisible line techniques applies to all of them even though the size of their brows: 

Ali Michael

Audrey Hepburn
Keira Knightley
Cara Delevinge
Lilly Collins
I will be showing you other makeup trends of this season in other blog posts in the following weeks, so if you have found this blog post useful or at least interesting, keep following. 

Choose to shine! 

Ruth x x 

1 comment:

all.things.lady said...

Hey dear! What a great post!

I mentioned you in this post: http://allthingslady.wordpress.com/2013/03/22/tag-post-11-questions-and-11-people/


Marija

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...