5.03.2012

Choose to Shine


Hello dear readers!

My camera is broken, and it's at the technician's at the moment. It is for this reason that I cannot do the posts I planned using my camera. I'm still here though, and therefore I'm taking this opportunity to do a talky post.

On this day, exactly today six months ago, I was confused. It had been two months since I had started university. I was starting to make new friends, and realised how my life was changing. I realised I was going to spend three years with people I never met before, people who knew nothing about my past. I can imagine you saying ... 'what past ?? ' lol, don't get me wrong.... :P nothing special, literally, nothing was special about my life. I had no identity, i was the shaddow of my friends; the popular one, the athlete, the dancer, the singer etc. And University was supposed to be a new start, but the same thing was going to take place again ... I had to stop it.



I knew I had a lot to give. I knew myself but I also knew also that other people didn't know me. As Coco Chanel says:

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.”

I wanted to stand out from the crowd, not to be popular. Not to look good, but to feel good about myself. I love singing, but I don't know how to sing, I love dancing, but I'm not good either... what was I good at? What did I love the most? Apart from watching tv series, I always spent my free time reading fashion blogs, and watching fashion and beauty gurus on youtube, so I decided to go and talk to a dear friend who told me that whatever I was going to do, people were going to judge, you can never please everyone, so might as well do what you love.

That's what I wanted to share with you. I did what I wanted, for the first time I went with my gut feeling, I wanted to follow my dreams so I took action. It's been six months now, and I feel changed, this little experience gave me so much. I have somewhere where I could be myself, and I know that my readers are getting to know the real Ruth. When I started to get so much good response, I started to love myself more, I felt happy and better about myself. I feel much  more confident now.

CONFIDENCE IS POWER

I am still learning, and what I learn, I like to share it with you. I wish I had someone who taught me the stuff I Blog about before I started blogging, and that's why I blog and share these with you. I want to make people feel better about themselves. I love giving compliments, and finally I'm learning how to reveive them ... How many of you had someone tell you that you look nice, and you just thought that you must have had something wrong ? Well that used to happen to me... But how can you expect that others accept you, if you do not accept yourself?

Unfortunately there's a thing called jealousy, and girls tend to suffer a lot from this. I like to explain jealousy like this. It is that feeling expressed when one doesn’t feel happy with one’s self so instead of trying to be better, that person tries to put others down in order to have 5 minutes of fame and feel better about themselves. Please, do not use other's faults to make you feel better about yours ! And don't let people who try to take you down influence you.



Do you ever notice how moods  are contagious ? When someone is really happy, he automatically brings a smile to the people he meets. It's amazing how a smile can change a person's day.


Now my dreams have changed; I dream to write articles for fashion magazines, and style fashion shoots, step by step, I think I'm getting better :) I also realised how much I love writing, and being in an environmental course at University, I aim to write environmental related articles :) We'll see how that goes on ... Just tell your friends about my blog if you think it's worth following, and help me get better by suggesting blog posts you would like to see... I am here because you supported me from the beginning, and so I thank you for believing in me :)

Now go believe in yourself,  and always choose to shine !

Much love

Ruth x x

10 comments:

Kri V said...

beautiful as always Ruth :) xx

Ruth Scicluna said...

thx kri :D

Maria Rocco said...

illami x 4 kelmiet ktibt ruth !. bla kliem . xxxxx

Ruth Scicluna said...

hihi thx mar x x

Evella said...

Prosit ruth! :) wise words!! xxxx

yanika10 said...

I'm so proud of you my love :)
taghmel x'taghmel fil hajja ma tistax togob lil kulhadd...
never ever let other people's opinions define your life, you are in control and you are the only one who can change your life! xxxxxx

Ruth Scicluna said...

thx el :)

Ruth Scicluna said...

thanks yan :) x x x

ErikaS said...

really great post Ruth! we really shouldn't let what other people think stop us from following our dreams :) and you certainly followed yours...so keep it up ;) xxxxx

Ruth Scicluna said...

thx erika ! x x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...