7.10.2012

What's in my beach-each bag

Hello readers! 

Have you been hitting the beach? This year I'm really fond of my Debenhams beach bag and Acessorize swimsuit. I wanted something which is kind of retro, inspired by the 60's and navy theme. So what's best than a bandeau polka dot swimsuit, and a bag with sailor knots and blue and white stripes? 




Here's what I carry in my beach bag on a typical day at the beach. Some friends say I'm like a first aid box, I tend to carry too much things, which I then do not use, but I love being safe! 



  • towel : a towel of course, or even two if going on the sand, or staying for a bbq and planning to swim late !
  • sun glasses, cover, and hat : protect yourself from the sun, and stay comfortable when laying on the beach with friends 
  • magazine or book and mp3 : take something to do with you, not everyone is capable of laying on the beach for an hour not doing anything
  • camera and mobile : take pictures of you and your friends on the beach! Capture lovely moments, and watch them again in winter !
  • water : water is a must, all day and every day in summer, especially on the beach. It hydrates your skin, and your body. 
  • sun block : apply sun block and take care of yourself ! You can still get a beautiful sun tan even when applying sun block! 
  • little purse : just to put some money to buy an ice cream! 
  • hair product : something for your hair to stay in place, and regulate your beautiful beachy waves 
  • wide tooth comb : when your hair is wet and tangled, it's better to use a wide tooth comb, or nothing, as brushes and other combs would damage your hair.
  • compact mirror, bobby pins, and blotting papers : every girl loves to make sure she's looking fine, a little mirror helps you adjust your hair for your way home, and blotting papers help you remove excess oil from your face. I reviewed them here !
  • lip product : any lip balm or gloss with an SPF would do 
  • tweezers : you never know who will end up with a sea urchin's sting!
  • tissues and wet wipes : mine are usually baby wipes, and I use them for literally everything
  • small bottle of white wine vinegar : it helps with jelly fish stings 
  • as for clothing, I would go with a flip flop, and a comfortable beach dress, or else a shorts and light weight t shirt or vest.  
Now we're ready to hit the waves!

Choose to shine ! 

Ruth x x 


2 comments:

lm said...

I love your swimsuit! :)

Ruth Scicluna said...

thx lara! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...