11.11.2012

Miley and Grunge


Hello readers

I was asked to do a blog post on Grunge style, a style which I really like on other people, but don’t really wear myself because I think not everyone can carry it. It's a style made of basic pieces that everyone owns, but everything is edged up to the 'bad and layed back girl' look without looking slutty. 

There are countless ways in which one could wear Grunge, and I'm going to show you how to by using Miley Cyrus. I love how she plays with this style and gives a modern edge to any basic look. I love Miley's new hairstyle, which I think go perfectly with her personality and very wearable style.


Any accessory or patterned top with either STUDDS, SPIKES, CROSSES or SKELETONS 
leather red dress with spikes 


The best shoes to compliment this style would be either CREEPERS or COMBAT BOOTS. 

creeper combat boots, necklace with cross pendant, camo jacket


SUPER SKINNY PANTS, SHORTS paired with tights, or BOYFRIEND JEANS 
boyfriend jeans
boyfriend jeans, cropped top

PRINTED dark, oversized t-shirts

shorts with ripped tights, leather jacket, printed top


PLAID shirts

plaid shirt
plaid shirt


CROPPED / OVERSIZED tops, paired with super skinny pants or shorts to balance the look

oversized printed vest
skinny jeans, necklace with cross pendant
leather jacket, shorts, creeper slippers 


MILITARY  or LEATHER JACKETS

Shorts with ripped tights, printed dark top, military style jacket
creeper combat boots, necklace with cross pendant, camo jacket


BLACK BEANIES 
necklace with cross, black beanie, oversized vest 

LEOPARD print

creeper combat boots, leopard print skirt, cropped top

As for makeup, I would compliment the style with dark nails, dark or neutral lips, and neutral eyes with thin winged eyeliner. The simpler the better since there is already so much going on with the clothes. 

I hope you have found this useful! Let me know if you have some other requests you want be to blog about or any other questions about this style. I would be more than happy to help.

Choose to shine! 

Ruth x x 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...