11.12.2012

Vamp by Day

Hello Readers

We all have that little black dress in the closet, that dress which has been there for so long you have tons of memories wearing it. The dress still fits you, and it's still pretty isnt't it? However you don't wear it that often because everyone has already seen you in it, and you're afraid that you're going to be dressed up for a night out, or dressed down for a special occasion. Did I get any of this right? 

My favourite way to wear the little black dress is by adding a statement jacket to it, and this way, all eyes will be on the jacket, just the jacket. Avoid matching the bag exactly with the colour of the shoes, or the shoes with the jacket (especially when it's red). Don't be predictable just to 'play it safe'.  I paired dark burgundy shoes, nails and lip colour, and kept the bag black since the jacket is black and white. I did not add any necklaces to let the collar of the jacket stand out, but if the jacket is plain, you can use the same trick but with a statement necklace or earrings. 








Dress: Promod
Jacket: Vintage (Mum's closet)
Bag: Vintage (Mum's closet)
Shoes: Stradivarius

Thanks to my dear friend Robert from Robert Bajada Photography, who once again took the pictures of this blogpost with great talent and a lot of patience. Like his page 'HERE' 
With his help I have started doing makeup on others for some photoshoots, if you're interested check out my makeup portfolio http://makeupbyruth.tumblr.com/ . 

Choose to shine! 

Ruth x x 

2 comments:

Stefy said...

Well done ruth, i love how you paired the tweed jacked with the LBD!
Might i ask what lipstick you are wearing? i am still looking for the best berry lipstick for this fall and i am insanely in love with yours !!

Stefy xx
the FASHEAUTY
Blog.StefyPuglisevich.com

Ruth Scicluna said...

Hi stefy :) thanks a lot :) in fact many people ask me about that lipstick ! That's the Maybelline Super Stay 10h tint gloss. It's the darkest purple they had, I can't find any code or name to tell you the exact shade though... I hope I helped! x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...