2.27.2012

How to wear Pastel Colours

Dear Readers, 


Pastels are my new favourite thing ! If you follow my blog, you know I mention pastels quite often, so I decided to finally dedicate a whole blog post to my spring favourite trend, pastel colours. I know a lot of people love pastels, yet some find it tricky to decide with what to pair them so I'm giving you some ideas with my favourite ways to style them. As I always say, these are just my ways, you can have your own ways to style them and adapt them to your own personality.


With pastels, the first thing that comes to mind might be vintage tea sets, grandma's cushions, or a photo-shoot with a large lolly pop or balloons. Some girls might not be comfortable with all that girly theme, however pastels can still be edged up a little bit, especially when pairing them with metallics. Using metallics pastels can be spiced up for a night out partying with friends or for a more classic occasion. 






Another fun way to wear soft pastels is accessorising with bright neons. I wouldn't go with a full pastel dress accessorized with neon, that might bee to much for my taste, but adding white can separate the two statement colours and balancing the outfit. This can be so versatile and enables you to mix and match and create different outfits using white, neon and pastel. 


Trousers from Pull and Bear, Shirt from Topshop




Pastels can also give a feminine vibe to masculin denim pieces. I love mixing different trends to neutralise the outfit. I kind of go on the safe side, not to be too masculin, or too feminin. 






Pastel colours can be paired with neutral colours like white or beige and serve as a pop of colour, yet maintaining a neutral and warm, soft look.  




Pull and Bear Dress, Topshop Blazer, Stradivarius Shoes and Bag

The only way I would pair black with pastel colours is when the black item is a bag or a pair of shoes. Personally I would avoid to pair black pants, tops or dresses with a pastel item, the look just doesn't convince me... 


Pastel colours are found in many floral prints, but that would be another spring trend on which I will eventually blog! 


I hope you enjoyed this blog :) I promise you more blog posts on other spring trends will be coming up! 


Much love 


Ruth x x 

4 comments:

Lara's Pint Of Style said...

Pastels have always been my fave colours and they remind me so much of another trend I like... vintage inspired clothes :)

Ruth Scicluna said...

:) :)

Evella said...

hey babe what would u suggest i accessorise my canary yellow dress with for a morning wedding? as in shoes, bolero, or blazer, jewellery, belt??

Ruth Scicluna said...

would you like to colour block ? or prefer to go neutral ? a yellow dress would look really cute with a dark blue blazer and a neutral coloured shoes and bag, or else white blazer and purple shoes .. that would be really fun .. but it depends on the type of dress for accessorising ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...