12.04.2011

Outfit of the Day no1

Hello dear readers !!


This is my 1st real fashion blog, an 'Outfit of the day'. For those of you who are not familiar with this kind of blog, in few words, it is a blog where the blogger shows the outfit he wore on a particular day, giving the reader ideas of how they can create their own outfits.
Today, I went to a Sunday Buffet lunch at the Westin hotel with my family and friends, and this is what I was wearing:


  • Black sheer polka dotted shirt (ZARA)
  • Black skinny trousers (Britzka)
  • Black blazer (Jennifer)
  • Dark red shoes (Stradivarius)
  • Pearl necklace (Vintage - my grandmother's)


I really love the little peter pan collar on the shirt. The shirt is sheer and spotted , and very femenine. I wore a black tank top underneath, and I love wearing it all buttoned up and with the pearl necklace, which give a really chick look :). I know the outfit may look too black, but I think that the red shoes and the necklace , give a pop of colour, and make the outfit more sophisticated and wearable. Also, I think the red lipstick really went well with the clothes, and with the makeup look, as I went for natural eye makeup which is ideal in the morning. 



The lipstick I used was a Rimmel lipstick from the Kate collection which is in limited edition. Here is the link to view the whole collection: http://www.rimmellondon.com/uk/products/kate-collection/  . The lipstick is in the shade 'rouge a levres'  (no 11). I think it's a good lipstick, as it is not expensive ( like all Rimmel products) and I found it quite moisturising as well, though not very long lasting. 



Once at the hotel , we ate and ate and ate ... omnomnomnomnom ... Yummm !! Everything was sooo delicious !! 



After all that food, we went to Baystreet, so I changed my blazer to a brown faux-leather jacket, and my red shoes in a brown one ( which is much more comfortable than the other!) Also, I removed the necklace and undid the first two buttons of the shirt ... and Voilaa !! in 5 seconds , the look turned from being smart to casual ! ( I had brought the brown jacket and shoes with me and left them in the car, because in my description it sounded like i made a magic or something !) 

Once at baystreet, I ended up falling in love with the glasses in the picture below, and I bought these really cute owl earings :) soo looking forward to wear them ! 


Thankyou for reading :) and I really hope you enjoyed it ! 

much love !

Ruth x x 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Today, I stayed at home, and this is what I was wearing:

* flokk ta taht (monti)
* qalzit (monti)
* flokk (monti)

Ruth Scicluna said...

looool matt ! you should start a blog ! tkun vera entertaining :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...