10.08.2012

Fall for Burgun-me


Hello readers!

If I was a colour, I would be burgundy, and If I wasn’t burgundy, I would be sad. Every Fall has warm colours in fashion trends, yellow turns to mustard, purple turns to plum, green turns to teal, and red turns to my favourite one, burgundy. Here I have some ideas on how I would pair burgundy in the coming colder days.

Burgundy and Neutrals

First of all, of course burgundy goes perfectly with neutrals. I am a 'neutral colour fanatic' all year round, and when pastel colours were in, I loved pairing pastels with neutrals. Now that I'm crazy in love with burgundy, I will happily pair it with neutrals again. I also adore coloured tights, and the 'wear your coat as a dress' trend, so why not combine everything together? I came up with this: a neutral coat, worn as a dress, over burgundy tights. For me, it's classic. Then when taking off the coat, a neutral coloured dress would be gorgeous. Note that I've paired burgundy shoes with the burgundy tights; this is because this will give an illusion of taller and slimmer legs, because they look as one whole.

Burgundy and Gold

Another combination of colour I’m loving is burgundy with gold. Yes gold. I have owned a gold cardigan since last year, but I’ve worn it only a few times beause I don’t find a lot of stuff that goes with it, and it’s a pity. Burgundy is going to solve my problem for this year, burgundy and gold look so expensive together, it feels like something baroque-ish, like an expensive embroidered sofa, lovely. And then accessorize with black to complete the look.

Burgundy and Black and White
I think this is my favourite outfit of them all, burgundy with black and white. You can easily create different looks with these three colours, mixing and matching, however I prefer a black bottom (skirt or pants) with a white shirt or top, and burgundy outerwear. Then I would spice the rather plain outfit with some leopard print shoes, or bag. ( I did not say AND) Leopard print consists of neutral colours, so it goes with everything, if not overdone. I think it looks really chic and people would look at you with respect.

Back to school Outfits :

Burgundy and Orange
I would colourblock burgundy with mustard or orange. They are a lighter colour, however still warm and ideal for this season. I think it’s fun, unexpected and playful.

Burgundy and Denim
How about burgundy chinos? The idea excites me. If you’re not a fan of pairing orange, I would go with neutrals and then completing the look with denim. A denim jacket completes the look, and you can stay comfortable and look effortlessly cool and casual. The shoes and bag I paired are in Tan colour, which I really like since they go with nearly everything. To me they are musthaves for school, as you are able to have different outfits everyday without worrying that you don’t have enough shoes and bags to match.

I want to continue talking about burgundy in makeup, but that should be a blog post I’ll try to upload asap. If you look forward to that, keep following to make sure you won’t miss it. I hope this blog post has helped you in some way.

Choose to shine!

Ruth x x 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always like to have a read about such things, my blog is related if you want to have a look round it please feel free. I have added yours to my bookmarks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...