10.07.2012

What about Summer ?

Hello readers! 

It does seem that I'm abandoning my blog, doesn't it? I haven't blogged regularly for the whole summer. Honestly I've been wanting to start again regularly for a long time, because I had some good ideas which I didn't share with you for several reasons. I would like to give you a quick review of my summer holidays.

  • I started doing makeup on other people, for different occasions, and for photoshoots. I love it, and I have to admit that the satisfaction it gives me is priceless. When I see the end look, and realise that I managed to make a look like I wanted it to be, I'm overjoyed! I am a beginner in all this, so it means a lot to me. I know I have to improve a lot more, but I think that I'm on the right track, and with the little experience I had this summer, I have learnt much more new things. 
here are some of my favourites: 









to view my whole makeup portfolio click (HERE)

  • I was so overwhelmed about this all summer, that all I could think about was planning new looks, rather than blogging. When I browsed the internet, I always ended up looking for different makeup looks and skills, rather than fashion ideas. 
  • I look forward to work more on my makeup skills, get more experience and work with different photographers and models. If you would like to work with me, just send me an email here : amordegirasol28.blogspot.com
  • I haven't done any favourites on makeup this summer, because I was always using the same products which I had reviewed before. To me, Summer '12 was about drinking plenty and plenty of water, moisturiser, bronzed skin, and eye-liner and mascara.
  • Fashion is still a big part of my world. It's the way you express and present yourself to the world, however sometimes I don't feel like the ideal person to talk about it, just because I'm not like other fashion bloggers * heads down to them* who talk about fashion shows and cat walks and high end brands. I love reading them, and there are some really good Maltese bloggers who do so, and appreciate their work a lot. However I don't think I'm capable of talking about that, and I prefer talking about street style rather than catwalks, because I know that you readers can relate to them more. 
  • I have wondered whether I should stop blogging and focus on doing makeup, or else change my blog which is quite open, to a blog dedicated only to makeup, but even though I thought about it, I don't have the guts to do it because the blog got me where I am today. I am who I am today because I blog. I have gained so much confidence in myself, and I know that without it, I wouldn't have arrived where I am. Not that I have reached God knows what, but I have started being what I want to be, and I think that's the most important thing in life.
  • I plan to continue to blog about fashion and makeup, but here I need your help. I would love it if you share my facebook page, tell your friends who you think would enjoy my blog to follow, and keep me updated with your comments about it. I cannot improve without your criticism, tell me what you would like to read about more. Tell me what I'm going great at, so I do it more, and tell me where I'm failing, so I'll try to stop. And not just for this time, keep doing so for the whole year if possible. 
Choose to shine! 

Ruth x x 

2 comments:

ErikaS said...

great stuff ruth :)) looking forward to your next post :D xxx

Ruth Scicluna said...

thx dear :) x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...